Sunday, February 3, 2019

New Discovered Albums (Months of October and November)

Moon Coven - Moon Coven (2016) 8/10

This album was discovered through a recommendation on a Facebook music group. This album is dark, and drone-esque. Which is fine by me, for background music; for when I am cleaning or creating art. Something to distract me. The difference between this album and Earth's The Bees Made Honey in The Lion's Skull is that there is vocals on this album and Earth's album does not.  Storm is a decent album opener to what is to come with this album; topping at almost 8 minutes long, it's a journey of rock that is experimental with metal and drone. This album only being 9 songs long, and the average length-span of the songs is around 5:30 which makes the album seem longer than a normal LP.

maxresdefault copy.jpg
R.E.M - Fables of The Reconstruction (1985) 9/10

One of the best R.E.M. albums that I could sit through in one sitting. Fables artwork is hideous though, that's really the only complaint I really have. Well almost all of R.E.M.'s album artwork is horrendous, but that's besides the fact. This masterpiece from 1985, shows the maturity that the boys have grown into. Driver 8 has to be my all time favorite song from this band. And my favorite from this album too. If I had to rank top five songs, it would be Driver 8, Life and How To Live It, Old Man Kensey, Wendell Gee, Can't Get There From Here, and a tie breaker of Feeling Gravitys Pull. This will be my go to album aside from Out of Time and Automatic for The People.

REM-Fables.jpg
Xymox - Twist of Shadows (1989) 7.5/10

Cool industrial vibes, I would say pre-Nine Inch Nails. Evelyn, the opening track has an industrial AND a alternative vibe. Something Joy Division/New Order or Tears For Fears would pull off. The second track goes right into a darker, heavier sound. Obsession. I like the vibes, I could listen to this album overall through and through; definitely not every day. But will definitely purchase/scrobble once in a while. I don't want to say it's bad, but it's something you can definitely find better in the genre. It's an aesthetic for me personally. With music ratings, I rarely give albums higher than an 8.5 unless it's flawless.

R-168347-1460860223-3189.jpeg.jpg
Ensími
Ensími - Kafbátamúsík (1998) 8/10

This is one of the first Icelandic bands/artists (outside of Björk) that I fully listened to at least some of their discography. This particular album reminds me of alt-rock bands of the late 1990's and early 2000's like Deftones, and Fuel; yet not quite at the same time. This has to be a solid 8 out of 10 because I like the genre this album is considered to be in. There's obviously some flaws. On the first track, there's this weird placement of saxophones which makes no sense to me in my opinion. Arpeggiator, gulur is a solid track with this industrial (yet again, not at the same time) aesthetic; that I can easily set myself into.

R-3155129-1318277891.jpeg.jpg
Corin Tucker Band - Kill My Blues (2012) 8/10

Corin Tucker has to be one of my favorite female artist as of late. Her work with Filthy Friends and Sleater-Kinney are top notch. She's one of the better known female fronted alternative singer/guitar player. This album is no different than her previous work. I give this album an 8 because sometimes her vocals can be taxing after a while; but the songs are really good though.

krs560_1500x.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment