Sunday, February 3, 2019

New Discovered Albums (December)

Peanut Butter Disco - Pug Pug Pug (2007) 7.5/10
Since there's only 6 tracks on this EP, it would be one of my shorter albums I have reviewed thus far. Starting with Glorious. This track has a bit going on with it, which could confuse listeners. Technopluck! is their most famous claim to fame, being featured on indiefeed.com at it's podcast prime. Technopluck! was listenable on the first listen right away compared to Glorious. Overall it's a good indie dance pop album considering the time period this was released. I think it's a shame that I haven't heard much from this group since indiefeed.com days back in the 9th and 10th grades.
Austra - Feel it Break (2011) 8.5/10
At first glance I thought this was going to be a heavy rock album based on the album cover. Surprisingly it's indie. Sort of Lana Del Rey or older Florence and the Machine albums.  Darken Her Horse has this darker electronic vibe with Del Rey's sound alike vocals. Something I can personally get into from to time. Feel it Break is a longer than a typical LP with 20 tracks on the deluxe version. The Future has this repetitive piano riff, that goes with the electronic drum beat somehow. The vocals on point once again. Overall I picked this album for the aesthetic; and I got aesthetic.
Lil B- Goldhouse (2011) 8/10
Lil B - Goldhouse (2011) 8/10
Oh My GOD, Based God! Despite the language, the album has a decent flow; especially Green Card. I feel that Lil B is one of the better modern day rappers despite his meme factor. I'd rather listen to an hour of Lil B the Based God over 10 minutes of some other mumble/ Soundcloud rap. Music aside Lil B is probably an inspiration and the most down to earth musician compared to his rap colleagues.  The sound on this album is pretty good personally.  Seventeen tracks of Based God's lyrical genius. To be fair, I am generally picky when it comes to hip-hop and rap, but Lil B; I could listen to an album in one sitting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment