Monday, July 16, 2018

I'm All About the Music.

Not only do I listen to a shit ton of music, I collect merchandise from specific bands. I have about 3,500 dollars worth of Evanescence Merchandise. I want to start collecting R.E.M merchandise and vinyls. It's a daunting task for sure. But an audiophile like myself, who immersed herself into several bands spanning 10-15 years of her life. I was 10 going on 11 years old when I first heard Bring Me to Life and My Immortal by Evanescence off of their 2003 album Fallen. That's probably where my obsession with Evanescence started. Green Day obsession started as a small thing in middle school where I was shown the album American Idiot for the first time. It clicked with me. I mean I've heard Good Riddance, Warning, Longview, When I Come Around, and Minority on the radio before.

Since music is a hobby and a passion of mine, I'd like to share some of my favorite bands expanding my childhood on, that are sort of big, sometimes Indie, and sometimes in between depending on the popularity of the band and what era/decade they belong in.

MY TOP FAVORITES:

R.E.M : They've became a staple in my life for sure. Yes back in high school and possibly middle school I only knew a few songs, because at that time I was afraid to venture out of the mainstream music in fear of people criticizing my musical taste.  Currently I enjoy pretty much anything from Out of Time, Automatic for The People, Green, Lifes Rich Pageant, and Fables of The Reconstruction.  In particular
                                                 Driver 8 (Fables of the Reconstruction)

Texarkana (official and Demo) (Out of Time)

These Days (Lifes Rich Pageant)

Love is All Around [The Troggs cover] (on the complete rarities compilation)

Try Not To Breathe (Automatic for The People)


Evanescence : I've been a fan of this band for nearly 15 years. Actually 15 years, but not as a die hard until 2011-2012. I started to intensely collect their singles, albums, and general merchandise. I could have went on a small vacation to Disney with all the money I spent on this band. I think if I had to rank demos-official releases I'd rank them : Origin, EP/Sound Asleep/Mystary, Fallen, The Open Door, Anywhere But Home, Ev3 (Self titled album) and then Synthesis. I'm not counting Lost Whispers because it's just a compilation of B-sides from Fallen, The Open Door, and Ev3. Favorites include:
Eternal (Origin)

Imaginary (Fallen, Origin, EP)

Lacrymosa (Synthesis, Open Door)

Field of Innocence (Origin)

October (EP)

Green Day : This is a clear cut choice for me. My friend in the 6th grade told me to listen to this: American Idiot. And man was I hooked from the start. I mean I listened to some other of their hits when I was younger but middle school was when I started to appreciate them.

Words I Might Have Ate (Kerplunk)

Westbound Sign (Insomniac)

Emenius Sleepus (Dookie)

One of My Lies (Kerplunk)

Paper Lanterns (1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours)

The Cranberries : I love them. Their charm. And to the late Delores, she inspired a few people musically; and creatively. This band stepped into many different sounds of alternative pop. 

Ridiculous Thoughts (No Need to Argue)

Sunday (Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?)

Zombie (No Need to Argue)

Ode to My Family (No Need to Argue)

No Need to Argue (No Need to Argue)

The Birthday Massacre : They're a unique band that all their album covers have a theme of purple. Purple this Purple that. I dig their sound though. They're this synth-pop rock group from Toronto. Plus that they're underground enough that the mainstream masses haven't heard or care to hear of them. Underrated material too. 

The Dream (Violet)

Looking Glass (Walking With Strangers)

Remember Me (Imagica)

All of Nothing (Under Your Spell)

Blue (Violet)

I have more bands but it's so hard to choose my top favorites and then pick out my favorite songs from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment