Monday, July 16, 2018

Food Review: Quick Coffee Protein Smoothie

*DISCLAIMER: this is just my opinion. no paid writing here.

Ingredients:
6 oz of brewed coffee (any, especially cold brew or Pike Place Roast)
1 banana
1/2 cup chocolate almond milk
2 tbsp. chia seeds (I used flaxseed since I was in a rush and couldn't find chia seeds; that or I was blind.)
1 tsp. honey
1 tbsp. peanut butter
USE Ice if you want the smoothie thicker.



REVIEW:

On the first try, it came out pretty good. I personally would either go for chia seeds instead of flaxseeds; and/or blend the smoothie longer so that way the flaxseeds aren't too much. Also I added too much ice, when it initially calls for a cup. I put around two cups. For what the ingredients call for, it makes two medium glass cup size servings; so you and a friend could share.

Calories : 310  Carbs: 42 Fat: 6 Protein: 22 Sugar: 38 Sodium: 395 from what the database from my fitness pal says it is for home made.

Also if on a strict low carb diet, once in a while is ok to splurge on "cheat" days. I personally wouldn't do this every day or constantly, as the sugar and carbs are pretty high because of the Almond milk and brewed coffee. Might not be good for Celiac's or people with digestive issues. KNOW YOUR BODY before consuming anything.

I'd personally give this recipe a 4.5/5 star rating. Just switch up a few things according to your diet and you'd be ok.

58ee15e3a639138ed1810c868ee84e1b

No comments:

Post a Comment