Monday, October 16, 2017

Women and How they should Visit Their OB/GYN frequently.

I believe in the power of women. I also believe that women should focus on their physical health. There are many benefits to seeing an OB/GYN at least once a year for a yearly exam if the woman/people who identify as a female isn't pregnant.

1. STD/STI detection.

2. Pap smears and pelvic exams

3. Irregularities in menstrual cycles

4.  Regular breast exams


According to the Voice-Tribune, "Overall, maintaining our health and visiting the doctor regularly is a habit we can’t afford to give up. Routine mammograms, blood pressure and cholesterol checks, pelvic exams, pap smears, osteoporosis screenings and other vital tests are essential. (October 2017) I also firmly believe that on-top of maintaining our weight and diet and exercise, I feel that women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Endometriosis should have regular visits because of how they either lack of their periods, or the cramping is so severe that they might end up in the hospital for what it feels like of dying of pain. 

Also I sympathize with women who have to deal with Polycystic Ovary and Endometriosis. As I was diagnosed at the age of twenty-one during an internal ultrasound of my ovaries. There the doctors discovered that I had cysts on my left ovary, where everything I told my GYN, that Polycystic Ovary was the final diagnosis. The treatment, is birth control pills, where it has been working with 90 percent accuracy. Sometimes the usual not having my period for a month then a couple months down the road I end up with it within a 2 week/3 week period of time.






Brand Sense. 10 important reasons to visit the OB/GYN.  29 December 2014. Retrieved from: https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2014/dec/29/10-important-reasons-visit-obgyn/  

But the Good News Is... (2017, October 04). Retrieved October 16, 2017, from https://voice-tribune.com/news/but-the-good-news-is/

No comments:

Post a Comment